Monday, June 01, 2009

To My Fellow Bloggers...

OK, so I've been inspired. My blogging is back in action, and [hopefully] I will no longer neglect it. I think I've figure out the problem, though. Up until now my only followers have been family from back at home, and my blog was orientated towards letting them know what is happening here in Georgia. Its pretty disheartening, though, and hard to follow through with a blog that consistently receives no comments from fellow bloggers. So, after this, I am off to find Blogger friends to associate with. Don't get me wrong -- I love my family reading this and following along with me, but sometimes ya just need some blogging friends. Wow, I'm officially a nerd, yeah?

Last time I actually blogged (instead of just posting a horse racing article, which I'm sure has bored everyone except me), I mentioned that I had started a Fort Benning Army Wives meetup group. Well, two weeks later, I have 61 members and have had three official meetups, all of which have gone well. Last Friday, five of us met at Olive Garden for lunch and had an awesome time. The girls that showed up were exactly the kind of girls I have been wanting to meet. Fun, interesting, outgoing, and all with common interests. One of them mentioned that she found my blog a few weeks previously and was excited to find a fellow Benning wife. I had no idea you could do a search via blogger for people with common interests. Anyway, I think this is a wonderful way to advertise the meetup group and will do my best to get the word out about it. I think its something every wife needs to be a part of.

I was supposed to start the women's boot camp again today, but other financial obligations have forced me to not enroll. I'm very disappointed, but am determined to hold myself accountable (who knew it was possible?) to get back in shape. After I finished camp last time, I was down to a nine minute mile and running every day, but that state of mind disappeared during my trip back to California, where I ate anything and everything. No more of that. I will finish the carton of Ben & Jerry's that is currently in the fridge and then NO MORE. 
ha.

The most exciting news lately has been my decision to enroll in college!! I will be starting classes at Kaplan Online University on June 10th, to get my Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice, with specialization in Crime Scene Investigation and Forensics. I am absolutely ecstatic about my decision and persistence thus far to follow through with the enrollment and Financial Aid process. Up until a week ago, I was still undecided about what I wanted to do with my life and future career. I've put a lot of thought and prayer into the decision, and have come to the conclusion that I have the most talent and interest in law enforcement. It was between that and Veterinary Science, but I realize I don't have the persistence, time, and/or money to start and complete at LEAST 8 years of veterinary school. 

Drew is so proud of me for starting school, and has been so supportive of everything. Everything has been going perfectly for us, and I am so lucky to have him and have the opportunity to do whatever I want with my life.

Drew's grandparents are currently enroute to Georgia, and should be here by this weekend. They are driving their RV from California and stopping to visit relatives in Texas, then continuing cross country. Once they stop and visit us here, they will head down to Florida for another week or so then start back to wonderful Cali. Someday when Drew gets out of the army we will have to go on one of their RV adventures with them.

On that note, I am frantically cleaning the apartment to make it spotless for their arrival. I want to impress them with my wifely abilities, but am nervous due to the fact that I can't keep the house clean for the life of me. Ugh.
The dryer just buzzed, which means its time for me to sign off and go fold towels. I'm so very excited.

Until next time... (which will be tomorrow, I swear!!)
Katelyn


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! I can't tell you HOW excited I am that you are going to start blogging! I have really enjoyed all of the friends I've found here and even was inspired to run through my bloggie buddies! I think you're going to love it:) Best plan of action is to start looking for followers, like you've already stated, then make yourself known to them...follow their blog if you like it! If they don't follow right away, thats okay, just keep commenting and they will eventually:) Its worked so far for me and I've only been on since end of March...Already I have 48 followers and that truly astounds me...A lot of the girls that are my followers are Army wives as well so you might want to start there? Thats what I did...I found a blog with an insane 280 followers and just started going through them:p Hope this has helped!

Jessica said...

Thanks for following my little blog! above advice from Mrs. GI Joe is so true. Even though I've had mine for a couple months longer and she's blowing me out of the water.. but who's counting ;) I find the more you comment on others the more they will flock to you. They'll notice you, others that read their blogs will notice and it will pick up. It truly still makes my entire day to see a new comment or a new follower!
I have been putting serious thought into going back to school. I only finished my assoc. degree and would love to finish up my four year.. just for myself. Criminal Justice interests me more than anything else.. I just don't know what I'd do with it. What do you want to do. Can't wait to see how you do with that and how you like the school!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio